ASTEC SAFETY, headquartered in Lloydminster, is a recognized leader in industrial, oilfield and workplace safety. Originally founded as a Fire Extinguisher company, we have expanded our service offerings in the communities we serve to include professional quality classroom & on-line industrial safety training, safety equipment sales & rentals, supported by in-house & mobile technical service for breathing apparatus, fire extinguishers and gas detection instruments. Today, we operate full service locations in Lloydminster with licensed branches in Bonnyville & Provost.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following full-time positions in our Lloydminster location:
Fire Extinguisher Technician ($40,000-$52,000 per year)
Safety Equipment Technician ($60,000-$72,000 per year)
Duties include, but are not limited to:
•Provide on-site and/or in-shop service & repairs for all customer safety equipment.
• Accurate & timely submission of required paperwork for entry into administrative and billing systems, following technical service work completed.
• Experience in towing a utility trailer would also be an asset for this position. (Willing to train the right individual)
• As part of the Shop Services Team, provide customer service within the Lloydminster branch office for equipment sales, rentals and service.
• After training completed, conduct Mask Fit Testing and Hearing Testing, both in the Lloydminster branch and from the Mobile Wellness Trailer Unit.
Qualifications, Certifications and Skills:
• Individuals who already possess a Fire Extinguisher Inspection & Maintenance Certificate would be preferred. Willing to train the right individual.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude is preferred.
• Applicant should enjoy a fast-paced work environment where communication with teammates and supporting each other is critical to ensure success.
• Applicant must be self-motivated, and able to work unsupervised, making decisions and solving problems encountered in the field.
• Applicants should be able to operate a truck and trailer unit on customer sites requiring access to areas with space restrictions and normal worksite obstacles.
• Experience working in an environment where safety program compliance is a priority.
ASTEC SAFETY offers competitive wages and benefits that include a Group RSP program with matched contributions.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Clean Driver’s Record, supported by abstract, will be required.
Please submit your Resume, with References to:
ASTEC SAFETY Inc. 6206-44 St. Lloydminster, AB T9V 1V9
Job Postings are open until March 31st, 2023
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about the exciting work we are doing to promote safety in the workplace at ASTEC SAFETY Inc., please visit www.astecsafety.com