WHY JOIN US?
We value each one of our team members, their individual contributions and what they bring to the broader team. We’re an established company of tight-knit team members and are looking for the right people to grow with. We look for individuals who are curious, collaborative, strive to be better every day and have fun while doing it. We offer a casual work environment, flexible work hours, vacation, benefits, team building, social events and an entrepreneurial and growing environment. Headquartered in Provost, AB we have ideal career opportunities for families or individuals who desire a great work environment while still being able to live and play in a peaceful and beautiful rural area.
WHO WE ARE
Astec Safety Provost is a team of passionate, committed, and experienced people, dedicated to providing unmatched levels of safety education and resources (products
and services) to the communities we serve. Our products and services are of the highest quality and value for money. Our team members are thorough, service oriented,
and always seeking to further understand how we can help our customers more.
• You enjoy being a trusted administrator that plays a critical role in the growth of a business.
• You look forward to days filled with important administrative tasks and are comfortable and confident communicating and interacting with customers in
person and on the phone.
• You are knowledgeable of and comfortable using today’s technology - from VOIP phone systems to CRMs, spreadsheets and learning management systems.
• You like detail and accuracy and welcome the use of standard operating procedures to help you achieve the “I got it done right” feeling.
• You have an affinity for numbers and using them accurately in an accounting system to reflect business success and growth.
• You consider yourself a life-long learner and embrace opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Using source documents (work orders) to create customer invoicing for all products and services sold.
• Manage accounts receivable to meet payment targets set by the owner and general manager.
• Enter all supplier/vendor invoices into the accounting system, in terms of accounts payable and additions to inventory.
• Source all coding/approvals necessary for customer invoices to be approved for payment.
• Enter specific customer invoices into an appropriate third party billing system.
• Answer incoming phone calls and if needed direct to the appropriate staff person.
• Manage all emails coming to the email@example.com inbox.
• Complete daily cash out.
• Complete all bank deposits on a weekly basis.
• Manage the bookings and scheduling for customer on site extinguisher service work.
• Coordinate scheduling for customer on site extinguisher service work with fire extinguisher technician.
• Monitor office and coffee supply inventory and reorder when needed.
• Manage and update all customer fire extinguisher reports when service work is completed.
• Use CRM to assist the owner/general manager and sales & training manager in creating new and managing existing customer relations.
• Complete monthly bank reconciliation.
• Record registrations and have the classroom ready for all courses offered at our location.
• Manage the VOIP phone system and become the staff knowledge resource for this asset.
• Attendance and active participation in all meetings and training opportunities.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• The hours for this position are generally from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday but flexibility is expected.
• Some overtime may be required.
• This is an office-based job requiring extended computer use and extensive interaction with our customers.
• Demonstrated experience in an administrative role.
• Demonstrated experience using Sage (or comparable) accounting software (accounts receivable, accounts payable & inventory).
• An ability to pay attention to detail and follow company standard operating procedures.
• An ability to communicate effectively with customers and fellow team members.
• An ability to multitask.
To apply for this position please fill in and submit our application form, which can be found at the link shown below.